1. Have the children write on top of the page: I Am Special Because….
2. If I was a super hero what kind out super hero would I be and what powers would I have (This can also be done using villains)?
3.What do I want to be when I grow up and why?
4. If you were given 3 wishes what would they be and why?
5. If I could invent a new animal what kind of animal would I make (i.e sounds, diet, where the animal lives etc…)?
6. If I could invent a new toy what kind of toy would I create and why?
7. If I could make something disappear in my life what would it be and why?
8. All About me essay. Have children write about all their likes and dislikes.
9. What ways do I help my family? Have children write about the ways they help their families (i.e chores, help mommy cook etc…).
10. How can I be a better friend? Have children write about things they can do to be a nicer, kinder friend.
11. If you could be invisible what would you do and why?
12. What do you think about bullies and why?
13. Why is it important to be honest and not lie?
14. What would do if you won a million dollars?
15. If you could change the world what would you do and why?
16. If you were a king/queen what would you do and why?
17. If you could invent a video game what kind of game would you create and why?
18. Write about a time when you had to be brave, what did you do, how did it feel?
19. Write about a trip to the moon, how did you get there, what did you see, was it fun or scary?
20. Write about something you are really good at.
21. Write about 1 thing you want to learn about.
22. Write about a time when you worked really hard to get something.
23. Write about 5 things you could do better if you worked really hard and gave more effort.
24. If you had to give away $1,000 what would you do with it, who would you give it to?
25. What is the best thing someone has ever given to you?
26. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
27. Write about what you can teach others.
28. Did you ever get into an argument with a friend for family member? How did that make you feel?
29. Did you ever hurt someone’s feelings? Explain what happened, how it made you feel
30. Did someone ever hurt your feelings? How did it made you feel? Did you talk to that person about it?
31. Is there anyone you would like to switch places with? who and why
32. What does it mean to be loyal?
33. When was a time you were loyal to a friend or a friend was loyal to you?
34. Has a friend ever betrayed you? How did it make you feel? What do you think your friend should have done differently.
35. Have you ever been friends with someone who was unpopular or not part of the group?
36. When was a time you felt you were treated unfairly? How did it make you feel?
37. Is it fair to give someone a head start in a race? When is it fair? When is it not fair?
38. Write about a time when you had a strong opinion about something? Why did you feel so strongly about it?
39. Write about a time you made a big mistake. How did you fix it?
40. Write about a time when you were very angry. What happened?
41. If you heard a rumor about a friend that you new wasn’t true what would you do? How would it make you feel?
42. Write about a time when you cheered someone up. What did you do, how did if make you feel, how did it make that person feel?
43. Write about a time that you used your inner strength to get through a tough situation.
44. Write about 3 things that are hard for you and why.
45. When was the last time you were afraid? What scared you, how did you react?
46. What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
47. Who is your hero and why?
48. What do you think risk taking is? Have you ever took a risk?
49. Write about your best friend. Who are they, how long have you known them, why are they your best friend?
50. What does it mean to have good character? Do you think you have good character, why?
51.Think about something you are not allowed to do but wish you could. Write about why you want to do it and why you should be allowed to do it.
52. If you could be on a t.v show which one would it be any why?
53. If you had to choose to be one age for the rest of your life which age would you want to be? Why?
54. If you could pick the perfect job what would it be?
55. You just found a treasure map, write about what you would do next. Do you decide to look for the treasure? Who is going to help you? What supplies do you need?
56. You just built a time machine. Where in time would you go? What did you do? What did you see? Would you want to stay there or come back to present time?
57. You just discovered a new land. What are you going to call your land? What kind of animals live there? What do you discover on your land? What are you going to build on your new land?
58. Group writing project. Create a fairy tale. Have each member of the group write one part of the story.
59. Create a monster. Your monster can be silly, scary, funny, big, little, colorful etc.. What is your monster’s name? What does your monster eat? Where does your monster live? Is your monster nice or mean? You can write the answers to the questions on the paper for the child or have them come up and share their drawing, while they are showing their picture ask them the questions about their monster.
60. Create an animal. This is the same as the monster but just an animal instead.